By Thomas Ricento
An creation to Language coverage: Theories and strategy is a set of newly-written chapters that disguise the main theories and techniques at present hired through students lively within the box.
- provides an available creation to the research of language coverage examine and language’s position in social existence
- consists of newly commissioned essays written through across the world famous students
- helps outline and describe a becoming box of inquiry and is an authoritative resource for college kids, students and researchers in linguistics, utilized linguistics, schooling, coverage stories and similar parts
- includes part overviews, annotated bankruptcy bibliographies, and dialogue questions
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method PDF
Similar social policy books
This e-book provides a brand new computational method of fixing large-scale Auerbach-Kotlikoff Overlapping Generations (OLG) types in a complementarity structure. in contrast to with built-in resolution equipment, the proposed decomposition set of rules allows the answer of multi-regional and multi-sectoral OLG types that convey a good number of heterogeneous shoppers and various household-specific results.
As John Bellamy Foster writes in his foreword to the current booklet, “István Mészáros is among the maximum philosophers that the historic materialist culture has but produced. His paintings stands virtually by myself this day within the intensity of its research of Marx’s idea of alienation, the structural predicament of capital, the dying of Soviet-style post-revolutionary societies, and the required stipulations of the transition to socialism.
This ebook examines a couple of vital debates within the philosophy of medication, together with 'what is disorder? ', and the jobs and viability of techniques of causation, in medical medication and epidemiology.
- Relative Strangers: Family Life, Genes and Donor Conception
- By Nature Equal
- Alternative Offender Rehabilitation and Social Justice: Arts and Physical Engagement in Criminal Justice and Community Settings
- Port Cities and Global Legacies: Urban Identity, Waterfront Work, and Radicalism
- Human Suffering and Quality of Life: Conceptualizing Stories and Statistics
Extra resources for An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method
As noted above, Cooper introduces acquisition planning as a third planning type (1989, pp. 157–63), distinguished from status planning by being about the users rather than the uses of a language, but by the same token having more in common with status than with corpus planning. Acquisition planning can be classiﬁed, he suggests, according to its overt goal, for which he identiﬁes the possibilities of: reacquisition, maintenance, foreign-language/second-language acquisition, and to which I add shift as a fourth possible goal, thus producing an exact correspondence with the four status cultivation goals (revival, maintenance, interlingual communication, and spread).
Language and minority rights: Ethnicity, nationalism and the politics of language. London: Longman. Mühlhäusler, P. (1990). “Reducing” Paciﬁc languages to writings. In J. E. Joseph & T. J. ), Ideologies of language (pp. 189–205). London: Routledge. Mühlhäusler, P. (1996). Linguistic ecology: Language change and linguistic imperialism in the Paciﬁc region. London: Routledge. Pennycook, A. (2003). Global Englishes: Rip slyme and performativity. Journal of Sociolinguistics, 7, 513–33. AITC01 22 13/5/05, 9:25 AM Theory and Practice: An Introduction 23 Phillipson, R.
Haugen, E. (1983). The implementation of corpus planning: Theory and practice. In J. Cobarrubias & J. ), Progress in language planning: International perspectives (pp. 269–90). Berlin: Mouton. Heath, S. B. (1985). Bilingual education and a national language policy. In J. Alatis & J. ), Perspectives on bilingualism and bilingual education (pp. 75–88). Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press. Hinton, L. & Hale, K. ) (2001). The green book of language revitalization in practice. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.