By Alison Behnke, Anna Christoforides, Lazaros Christoforides
From delectable Lebanese meze (appetizers), flavored with garlic, lemon, and mint, to Italy's pastas and pizzas, to the wealthy lamb dishes of Morocco, the Mediterranean is really a diner's pride.
Read or Download Cooking The Mediterranean Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-Fat And Vegetarian Recipes (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks) PDF
Similar recipes books
Foodstuff author Maria Speck’s ardour for propelling outdated global staples reminiscent of farro, barley, polenta, and wheat berries to the vanguard of recent American cooking is fantastically offered in historic Grains for contemporary nutrients. during this encouraged and hugely own e-book, Maria Speck attracts on meals traditions from around the Mediterranean and northern Europe to bare how flexible, pleasant, flavorful, and complicated complete grains should be.
There isn't any higher method to faucet into today's soup craze than with this wonderful cookbook, jam-packed with greater than a hundred deliciously low-fat soup recipes. writer Judith Barrett misplaced kilos and inches utilizing those mouthwatering recipes, each one of which incorporates below 3 grams of fats according to serving. And slicing the fats posed no bar to making soups with amazing taste -- Black Mushroom and Spinach Wonton Soup and Creamy Fennel Soup with Shrimp either include just one gram of fats.
The cleaning soap Queen, Anne-Marie Faiola, exhibits you ways to make excellent cold-process cleaning soap that's higher than what you should purchase on the shop! basic directions and nice images stroll you thru each step of 31 intriguing recipes, making it effortless to grasp the ideas you wish and convey the soaps you will want.
That includes a hundred and twenty recipes from sixty eight of the Evergreen State's top eating places, bistros, cafes, resorts, and bed-and-breakfasts, A flavor of Washington, contains vintage Northwest fare in addition to style fusions of worldwide cuisines. For a clean tackle amazing nutrition, pattern those impossible to resist dishes: Blueberry Morning Glories with hot Blueberry Sauce, Crispy Fried Walla Walla candy Onions, Cherry Chipotle brief Ribs, Northwest Fish Tacos, and Theo Chocolate Ganache Cake.
- The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen Cookbook
- Atlas of American Artisan Cheese
- 5-a-day For Kids Made Easy
- Scoop: 125 Specialty Ice Creams from the Nation's Best Creameries
- Super Food Ideas (June 2016)
- Super Food Ideas (June 2016)
Additional resources for Cooking The Mediterranean Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-Fat And Vegetarian Recipes (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks)
5. Set the oven, if using, to broil. *Kefta is also a popular dish in Greece and Turkey. For meatballs with the flavor of the eastern Mediterranean, omit the cumin, coriander, cayenne, marjoram, and paprika and replace them with 1 tsp. oregano, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1⁄2 c. bread crumbs. 32 6. Grill or broil the skewers for 6 to 10 minutes total, turning once, until meat is cooked through. 7. Remove skewers to a serving platter and serve hot. Preparation time: 20 to 25 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time) Cooking time: 6 to 10 minutes Serves 6 to 8 Cucumber and Yogurt Dip/ Tzatziki (Greece) 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated* 2 tsp.
Sugar. For a Greek or Turkish flair, add 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 1 tbsp. honey. 60 Cannoli (Italy) Bakeries throughout Sicily and southern Italy serve freshly made cannoli to passersby with a sweet tooth. Although many Italian cooks make their own cannoli shells using special metal molds, you can buy shells already made at many grocery stores and Italian markets. Filling the crunchy shells just before serving keeps them from getting soggy. 2 c. ricotta cheese* ∂ c. powdered sugar plus additional for sprinkling 1 tsp.
Salt ø tsp. pepper 1. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until very tender. Drain in a colander. Once potatoes have cooled, peel and mash with a large fork. 2. Place oil in a skillet and add onion. Sauté 3 or 4 minutes, or until onion is soft but not brown. Remove from heat. 3. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Basic cheese filling: 1 c. nonfat or low-fat cottage cheese 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.