By Jeannie S. Huang MD MPH
Dr. Jeannie Huang has designed this certain reference which deals specialist recommendation, personal tastes, and evaluations on tricky scientific questions normally linked to pediatric weight problems. the original Q&A structure offers easy access to present info with regards to pediatric weight problems with the simplicity of a talk among colleagues. quite a few photographs, diagrams, and references permit readers to browse quite a lot of info in an expedited fashion.
Some of the questions which are replied:
• How can a prime care practitioner deal with obesity?
• My sufferers frequently question me approximately fad diets for weight-loss. what's the base line approximately fad diets - are they benign or do a little have linked hostile dangers?
• What are many of the behavioral courses on hand for overweight youngsters and the way do i select which might be the main applicable for my overweight sufferers?
• i'm frequently requested approximately bariatric surgical procedure. What are different weight reduction surgical procedures for pediatric sufferers? What are the $64000 issues, linked issues, and effectiveness of every kind of surgical procedure?
• How do i am getting reimbursed for supply of weight administration treatments within the office?
• Are there any potent applied sciences (apps, sensors) to be had to aid pediatric sufferers lose weight?
Curbside session in Pediatric weight problems: forty nine scientific Questions presents info uncomplicated adequate for citizens whereas additionally incorporating professional recommendation that even high-volume pediatricians will get pleasure from. Pediatricians, nurse practitioners, health practitioner assistants, and family members practitioners will enjoy the common, informal structure and the specialist suggestion contained within.
Read Online or Download Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Obesity: 49 Clinical Questions PDF
Similar gastroenterology books
It is a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It provides an entire clinical dictionary masking enormous quantities of phrases and expressions in relation to acanthosis nigricans. It additionally supplies large lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers info to clients on easy methods to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of web assets.
Atlas illustrating the surgeries used to regard gastrointestinal tract disorder, for practitioners. Covers surgical anatomy, the preoperative and intraoperative prognosis, and surgical indication. Translation. DNLM: Gastrointestinal approach - surgical procedure - atlases.
This new name within the award-winning Lecture Notes sequence presents a clinically-oriented method of the research of gastroenterology and hepatology, masking either the clinical and surgical facets of gastrointestinal perform. It explores organ-specific problems, scientific fundamentals, and gastrointestinal emergencies, including a close self-assessment part.
- Sympathy and Science: Women Physicians in American Medicine
- Chronic Hepatitis B and C : Basic Science to Clinical Applications
Extra info for Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Obesity: 49 Clinical Questions
Such findings can help in establishing the diagnosis of certain genetic syndromes associated with morbid obesity. Although pharmacologic treatment for obesity associated with genetic causes is available in a limited number of cases, such as leptin deficiency, knowing there is a genetic cause for their child’s obesity may be helpful for parents who often become frustrated or feel blamed for their child’s weight and may also be important for the treatment of other associated abnormalities such as endocrinopathies.
Economic 21 Huang JS, ed. Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Obesity: 49 Clinical Questions (pp 21-24). © 2014 SLACK Incorporated 22 Question 6 concerns and the stress of everyday living in the midst of poorer neighborhoods with greater numbers of fast food restaurants, fewer grocery stores, and limited recreational facilities can all interact and make it difficult for caregivers to have the time and wherewithal to cook a healthy meal or spend time doing something physically active. In addition to the external pressures of living in poverty, stress can act internally to affect one’s hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and release excess amounts of cortisol.
5 Rimonabant is a CB1r antagonist that had been approved in Europe as an anti-obesity medication but was withdrawn from the market secondary to psychiatric side effects. Research is being conducted with newer CB1 antagonists that act selectively on the periphery, which may limit psychiatric adverse events. Finally, the thyroid axis is a pathway often blamed as a cause of obesity because of its function in energy homeostasis. The hypothalamus secretes thyrotropin-releasing hormone, which stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete thyroid-stimulating hormone.