By W. Richard Webb, Nestor L. Muller, David P Naidich
- NEW: Full-color illustrations of histologic findings in lung affliction, associated with HRCT manifestations
- NEW: Individual chapters reviewing particular HRCT findings and their differential prognosis, together with various new illustrations
- NEW: up to date chapters reviewing the main updated information in HRCT analysis, together with new classifications of diffuse lung ailments, newly defined ailments and their appearances, and the application of HRCT of their evaluation
- Cutting-edge HRCT scans of interstitial lung ailments and HRCT features
- Tables summarizing the differential analysis of interstitial and airspace illnesses and such a lot beneficial diagnostic gains on HRCT
- Diagnostic algorithms
- Illustrations of standard anatomy and variations on HRCT, for assist in distinguishing among general and irregular findings
- Complete content material with superior navigation
- A robust seek that draws effects from content material within the ebook, your notes, or even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and extra for simple navigation
- Highlighting device for less complicated reference of key content material through the text
- Ability to take and percentage notes with associates and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save lots of your favourite content material for destiny use
Read or Download High-Resolution CT of the Lung PDF
Best pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
This ebook info advances in examine concerning cilia, mucus, and mucociliary clearance, reading adjustments in mucus expression and goblet phone metaplasia, and assessing the facility of the mucociliary approach to answer abnormalities. acknowledges that cilia and dynein fingers play pivotal roles in constructing mammalian embryos!
The functionality and existence span of endothelial cells have a wide impression upon the standard and expectancy of an individual's lifestyles. in the course of low perfusion, the variation of other cells to hypoxia precipitate the competitive development of ailments. even supposing the medical reports have convincingly proven that endothelial disorder happens each time the organic features or bioavailability of nitric oxide are impaired, in these types of situations, the position of endothelial cell-destructive procedure cross-talk is but poorly understood.
This booklet systematically makes a speciality of significant sleep apneas, interpreting their courting specifically with center failure and discussing contemporary study effects and rising remedy suggestions in accordance with suggestions modulation. the outlet chapters current historic history info on Cheyne-Stokes breathing (CSR), make clear terminology, and clarify the mechanics and chemistry of respiratory.
- Vitamin D in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Acute and Emergent Events in Sleep Disorders
- Atlas of Endoscopic Major Pulmonary Resections
- Occupational Asthma
- Noninvasive Mechanical Ventilation
Extra resources for High-Resolution CT of the Lung
No significant difference was found between the transverse and coronal images in the identification of CT features of disease or their distribution in the central, peripheral, anterior, and/ or posterior lung zones. 25-mm detector width and a pitch of 6. A: A single HRCT image shows two small nodules (arrows) that are difficult to distinguish from vessels. B: An MIP image consisting of eight contiguous HRCT images, including A, allows the two small nodules to be easily distinguished from surrounding vessels.
However, in the majority of patients with bronchiectasis, spaced HRCT images without gantry angulation are sufficient for diagnosis, and there would seem to be little use for this technique when volumetric HRCT is obtained. With MD-HRCT, images could be reconstructed in any desired plane to demonstrate bronchi to best advantage. Use of Contrast Agents At present, there is no routine indication for the use of contrast agents with HRCT, except when studying a focal lung lesion or solitary nodule (206) or in patients being studied for pulmonary vascular disease (Figs.
Reconstructions may provide additional information in selected cases (20), largely in regard to lung disease distribution, but routine transverse images are adequate for diagnosis in the large majority of cases. It has been suggested that the use of 2D coronal reconstructions may be useful for the primary interpretation of thoracic CT, but at present, it would seem most appropriate to use multiplanar reconstructions as a compliment to axial images. Kwan et al. (57) compared the accuracy and efficiency of primary interpretation of thoracic MDCT (5-mm slice thickness) using coronal reformations to that of routine transverse images.