By G. Jacobasch
Read Online or Download Molecular Diseases. FEBS Federation of European Biochemical Societies: 12th Meeting, Dresden, 1978 PDF
Similar european books
The shift from network-oriented to user-oriented companies within the 80s and early 90s has elevated the penetration of satellite tv for pc providers into the consumer group. Parallel to this, world wide curiosity has arisen in own conversation providers (PCS), the place satellites play a very important function within the provision of computers worldwide.
The Climacteric: An Update: Proceedings of the fourth Jan Palfijn Symposium, European Conference on the Menopause, held in Antwerp, Belgium, on September 1–2, 1983, under the auspices of ‘De Vereniging voor Nederlandstalige gynecologen van België’ and ‘Th
THE JAN PALFIJN SYMPOSIA In 1979 the dep. of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Jan Palfijn medical institution in Merksem, Antwerp, celebrated its twenty fifth Anniver sary. To mark the get together, the 1st symposium used to be prepared, the subject matter selected being hysteroscopy. because of the cooperation of experts from either inside and out of doors Belgium the development attracted any such huge attendance that it used to be determined to stick to up this primary enterprise with others.
The quantity offers analyses and reviews of the ongoing value of Europe’s autonomy in its entry to area as a key driving force within the improvement of eu area features. From an in depth historic research of a few of the pitfalls of dependence within the house undefined, specialists examine the whole variety of present ecu house functions and determine parts the place autonomy is either attainable and required, even in a state of affairs of critical budgetary constraints.
- European Perceptions of Islam and America from Saladin to George W. Bush: Europe’s Fragile Ego Uncovered
- The Return of Geopolitics in Europe?: Social Mechanisms and Foreign Policy Identity Crises
- The 1989 Election of the European Parliament
- The Seventh European Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Applications: EuroComb 2013
- EU Citizens in the European Public Sphere: An Analysis of EU News in 27 EU Member States
- Strategic Management: A European Approach
Additional info for Molecular Diseases. FEBS Federation of European Biochemical Societies: 12th Meeting, Dresden, 1978
In a few untransfused patients the decrease in sialic acids was close to 50% when compared to the normal levels. The exact site of the loss of sialic acid was located on the receptor domain of the sialoglycoprotein(s) - glycophorin(s), which is on the outer surface of the membrane and carries at least 90% of the RBC sialic acids (Ref. 14). Using three different cytochemical methods in conjunction with transmission electron microscopy it was found that sialic acids residues on the surface of thalassemic RBC are distributed in an uneven manner and are less abundant than those present on a normal RBC surfaces (Ref.
2) J. J a n c i k and R. S c h a u e r , S i a l i c acid - a d e t e r m i n a n t of the l i f e - t i m e of r a b b i t e r y t h r o c y t e s , H o p p e - S e y ler' s Z. P h y s i o l . Chem. 355, 395 ( 1 9 7 4 ) . (3) L. G a t t e g n o , D . B l a d i e r , M. G a r n i e r and P. C o r n i l l o t , C h a n g e s in c a r b o h y d r a t e c o n t e n t of s u r f a c e m e m b r a n e s of h u m a n e r y t h r o c y t e s d u r i n g a g e i n g . C a r b o h y d r a t e R e s . 5 2 , 197 ( 1 9 7 6 ) .
It w a s c a l c u l a t e d that in r a b b i t s m o s t of the d e s i a l y l a t e d e r y t h r o c y t e s are t r a p p e d in liver ( 6 ) . T h i s is due to the m u c h larger v o l u m e of the liver c o m p a r e d to the s p l e e n . S i m i l a r r e s u l t s w e r e o b tained w i t h rats ( 4 ) . The r a d i o a c t i v i t y a c c u m u l a t i n g in liver and s p l e e n c o r r e l a t e s w i t h the e l i m i n a t i o n of d e s i a l y l a t e d e r y t h r o c y t e s by the a c t i v i t y of p h a g o c y t e s .